What is a cookie?
A cookie is a file that is downloaded onto your computer when you access certain websites. Among other things, cookies enable a website to store and retrieve information about your browsing habits or your device and, depending on the information they contain and how you use your device, they can be used to recognise you.
What types of cookies are there?
There are different types of cookies that have different functions:
Depending on how long they remain active:
- Session cookies. These are a type of cookie designed to ask for and store data while the user is accessing a website.
- Permanent cookies: These are a type of cookie where the data remain stored on the device and may be accessed and processed for a period of time defined by the cookie’s operator.
Depending on who owns them:
- First-party cookies. These are cookies that belong to BRAIN UPDATERS, S.L.L.
- Third-party cookies. These are cookies that belong to a third party, i.e., someone who is not BRAIN UPDATERS, S.L.L., who will process the information gathered.
Depending on their purpose:
- Technical and/or personalisation cookies. These are cookies that are used to improve the service, troubleshoot, recognise the user, etc.
- Analytical and/or advertising cookies. These are cookies that are used to analyse information about browsing behaviour and offer generic or targeted advertising.
What are the most commonly used types of cookies?
TECHNICAL COOKIES: These are FIRST-PARTY, session, identification, settings and registration cookies. They are necessary for identifying the user and to provide the requested services. The information obtained through the use of these cookies is processed only by BRAIN UPDATERS, S.L.L.
ANALYTICAL COOKIES: These are cookies that are processed either by us or by third parties; they enable us to quantify the number of users and, with this information, measure and perform statistical analyses on the use made of the service offered. Your browsing on our website is analysed in order to improve the range of products or services we offer.
ADVERTISING COOKIES: These are cookies that are processed either by us or by third parties; they are used to optimise efficient management of the advertising spaces that may be included on our website and/or store the information obtained about users’ behaviour through continuous observation. They enable us to ascertain your Internet browsing habits and show you advertising related to your browsing profile.
What are cookies used for?
Cookies are used to offer customised services and/or advertising, analyse the system’s operation, recognise when you access as user, troubleshoot any problems that may arise and solve them as quickly as possible, and also to analyse and measure the website’s use and activity.
Is my consent needed to embed a cookie?
Consent is not needed to install technical cookies or those that are strictly necessary for rendering an information society service that the recipient has expressly requested.
As for the rest, the data subject’s consent is needed, which can be requested by various means. In the case of BRAIN UPDATERS, S.L.L., consent will be considered given if you continue using the website, without prejudice to your right to withdraw it at any time and disable the cookies.
What cookie types does this website use?
Technical cookies: These are cookies created and managed solely by us, and they enable the user to browse through our website and use the different options such as, for example, identify the session, personalise information or enter restricted access areas.
To find out more, see: https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage
The web domain www.drlm.org uses the following cookie types:
|Pll_language||This cookie is associated with the Polylang plugin for Word sites with WordPress, it stores a language preference for the visitor to support multilingual websites. When it is established as a persistent cookie or with the one-year default life, it must be considered Functional instead of strictly necessary.
The main purpose of this cookie is: Functionality.
How are cookies disabled?
You can allow, block or delete the cookies installed on your device using the browser options settings.
- Firefox : https://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/habilitar-y-deshabilitar-cookies-sitios-web-rastrear-preferencias?redirectlocale=es&redirectslug=habilitar-y-deshabilitar-cookies-que-los-sitios-we
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=es
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/es-es/products/windows?os=windows-10
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/ph5042?locale=es_ES
- Safari for iOS: https://support.apple.com/es-es/HT201265
- Opera: http://help.opera.com/Windows/11.50/es-ES/cookies.html